Search My Blog

Thursday 3 February 2011

Slide film projection

I have decided that I would like to project my photographs of rural areas onto a city urban backdrop, for example, a city building. This will be similar to the double exposure photographs, however, instead of having two photographs layered on top of each other, I will project the photograph on to the actual city.

I have begun my experimentation with projecting my Dad's slides, using his projector, onto our house and garage door to see what it looks like. I would like the projection larger, but as my Dad's projector is old, it is not possible to have the image any larger. Therefore I will be hiring a more modern projector from university.

Next, I want to take my own photographs using a slide film. I need to organise and think about the photos I am taking and where they will be projected on to. To help me remember which photographs I have taken I will draw a quick sketch of what I have shot. Then, when the film is processing, I can decide where it project the image.







No comments:

Post a Comment