Search My Blog

Sunday 13 February 2011

Double exposure magazine

While reading a magazine at the weekend, I noticed that when the magazine was held up to the light the article on the page behind could be seen. This reminded me of my double exposures and I thought that it is another way that double exposures can be created. I held the magazine pages up to the light and took photographs to document my findings. I think the photographs were very successful and I was pleasantly surprised by how I had come across the idea.

Realising that there is potential in this idea, I will take the photographs of the magazine pages again. However, I will use a film camera and develop the photographs to get a better quality image. I will also experiment with different magazines and newspapers. I want to look for juxtaposing stories on each side of the page therefore the two opposites will be on one page, for example, an advertisement on chocolate and then on the other side of the page, an article on dieting and loosing weight.

I think the images look mysterious and confusing as the viewer is unsure what they are looking at, which pictures/text is part of the article. I like the bold, bright colours. Some of the images compliment each other but others do not work as well. The paired images work well together, it looks like the image has been flipped over and is back to front. A person first viewing the photographs, I believe, would not know they were taken from a magazine being held up to the light. They may think that it was double exposed on a computer or through the use of a film camera. I like that it is a really simple, yet very effective idea.









No comments:

Post a Comment