Search My Blog

Monday 21 February 2011

Advertisement

From my double exposed photographs I took in the summer and, more recently, the photographs taken from the 'Stylist' magazine I have noticed a recurring theme of advertising, brand and consumerism. I am very interested in this subject and another option for me would be to have a career in visual communications. When I attended college I was part of the Young Enterprise team and I was in charge of the advertising for our company. We created posters, leaflets and postcards and distrubuted them around the college. I really enjoyed designing the posters, making them striking and eye catching and thinking of catchy slogans for our company.

In first year of university I wrote an essay on advertising and brands. I selected to concentrate on 'Coca Cola' as my main brand. I enjoyed researching into the world of 'Coca Cola' and this further inspired my interest in visual communications.

Advertising is a form of communication intended to persuade an audience to purchase or take an action on a certain product, service or idea. The advertisement has to contain the name of the product and how it could benefit the consumser.

No comments:

Post a Comment